I'm transferring Markdown blog posts from my GitHub Pages repository (repo) into my WordPress blog, this way:
- Open MWeb for iOS (a Markdown editor with publishing capability.)
_imagesfolders and copy all the posts and images from my local copy of the repo into each.
- Open each post in MWeb.
- Check for links to old blogs:
- If none found then strip the YAML post header, ensure the post date matches the original and publish to WordPress.
- If links found, hold until later and publish the earlier, link-free posts first.
- I also attempt to use the original post date but know I've failed on at least a couple of occasions. It's not massively important.
Blog posts to migrate:
(Table updates at various milestones.)